Setting a password is a good way to protect computer from unauthorized users. Unfortunately, the password is easily to be lost due to various reasons. If you forget a Windows XP password, how to recover the password?
You can use third party software to recover Windows XP password. Windows Password Buster is an easy-to-use Windows password recovery tool. This software can help you reset the Windows XP password.
1. Download and install Windows Password Buster Professional.
2. Create a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive with the software.
3. Boot the locked PC with the CD/DVD or USB flash drive. (How to Boot from CD or USB Flash Drive?)
4. Follow the instructions to reset the Windows XP password.
PS: You can also use the password reset disk to reset password on Windows 7, Vista, 2000, 2003, etc.
Windows XP has a hidden administrator account. By default, this account is not password protected. If you forget the logon password, you still can log on to computer with this hidden account.
1. Turn on the computer. When you reach the logon screen, press Ctrl+Alt+Del key twice to pop up a classic logon window.
2. Type "Administrator" in the user name field, and then click "OK" to log on.
Please note that if you had set a password on this account, you can't log on to computer without the password.
You should not only create a strong password to protect your computer, but also create a password reset disk in case you forget your password. Windows XP enables you to create password reset disk via Control Panel. You can follow the steps below to create one. All you need is just a USB flash drive.
1. Click Start button > "Control Panel" > "User Accounts", and then pick the account.
2. In the "Related Tasks" area on the left, click "Prevent a forgotten password".
3. Insert the USB flash drive into the computer, and then follow the instructions.
Someday, when you cannot remember the password, just type a incorrect password. The computer will display a message that the password is incorrect. Then you need to click the "use your password reset disk" link, and then insert the password reset disk and follow the instructions to reset the password.
The password reset disk offers you an easy and safe way to recover the Windows XP password. We recommend that you create a password reset disk when you create your password, so you don't need to worry about password lost or forgotten.
Now, you are no more Windows XP password lost matters. These tips can help you recover your password. Of course, the methods aren't limited to these. There are other options for you. Just choose a proper method based on your actual needs.