When you forget a server administrator password, how to recover or reset the password? To reset administrator password on Windows 2000/2003 servers, which is an Active Directory domain controller, the most direct and simple way is to find an easy-to-use and reliable Windows password recovery tool.
Windows Password Buster Enterprise is one of these password recovery programs which can help you to reset Windows server password. With this software you can easily and quickly reset the administrator password on Windows server 2000, 2003 and 2008 (include R2 edition) without fear of data loss.
Before resetting your password, you need to prepare an accessible computer which has a CD burner and a blank CD/DVD disk. If you don't have a CD/DVD burner, you can find a USB flash drive instead. Once these things are ready, you can follow the steps below to reset the server's administrator password.
1. Download and install Windows Password Buster Enterprise.
2. Create a password reset disk with CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
3. Reboot the server from the password reset disk. It may take a few minutes.
4. When you see the interface, select the administrator account, and then click "Change password".
5. Type the new password, and then click OK. Please note that the password must meet a few requirements.
6. After that, the server will restart automatically. Then you can log on with the new password.
PS: The password must be at least 8 characters long and contain uppercase letters, lowercase letters and numbers.