It's very common for people to forget or lose their password. What if you forget your computer password? Windows XP has been used for several years, there are a lot of methods that can help you to reset a Windows XP password. You can follow this article to access computer when you forget your Windows XP password.
Windows XP has a special user account named "Administrator" and by default this account isn't password protected. If you hadn't created a password for this account, you can log on to computer without password.
1. Turn on the computer. When you reach the logon screen, press Ctrl+Alt+Del key twice to pop up a classic logon window.
2. Type "Administrator" in the user name field, and then click "OK" to log on.
This method is available only when the hidden admin account is accessible. If you had created a password for this hidden account, you would need to create a password reset disk to reset the Windows XP password.
You can use Windows Password Buster to create a password reset disk with CD/DVD or USB flash drive. With the disk you are able to reset the Windows XP password in a few minutes.
1. Download and install Windows Password Buster on a computer, and then launch it.
2. Select "CD/DVD" or "USB Disks", and then click "Next" to burn a password reset disk.
3. Boot the locked computer with the password reset disk. (How to Boot from CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive?)
4. After the computer boots from the disk, you will see the interface as the picture below. Then you have 2 options: reset the password or create a new account. You can also access the computer with an accessible administrator account when you forget password on Windows XP.
If you want to reset or remove the password, select the account, and then click "Change password".
Select "Remove the password" or "New password", type your new password, and then click "OK".
If you want to create a new admin account, directly click the "Create a new account" button.
Type the user name and password for the new admin account, and then click "OK".
5. Click "Reboot" to reboot the computer, remove the password reset disk when computer restarts.
Now you can log on to computer with the new password or new account. You can try this method to access computer when you forget your Windows XP password. There is no need to reinstall operating system or take your computer to repair shop.