Problem: I forgot my Windows 7 password and I cannot remember it for the life of me. I have no any reset disk and I am the only administrator to my computer. How to unlock a computer?
Solution: It is an annoying problem if you forgot Windows 7 password. You can reinstall the Windows 7 operating system to unlock computer, but the process will damage the data in the hard dirve. If you have important data in the hard drive, it might be a disaster for you. In this condition, you need to use Windows 7 Password Reset Tool to reset the password.
Download and install the program on any accessible computer. Run the program and create a password reset disk.
1. Insert a blank CD or USB flash drive into the computer and select your option.
2. Click "Next" to start the burning. The process may last a few seconds.
3. When the burning task completes, shut down the program and remove the CD or USB flash drive.
Before you can reset the forgotten Windows 7 password, you need to boot the locked computer with the reset disk.
You'll see the password reset screen after the computer boots with the disk. Then you can start to reset password.
1. Select the target user account, and then click "Change password".
2. Select the option to remove or change the password, and then click "OK".
Click "Reboot" to reboot the computer, and then log on with the new password you just created.
It is terrible if you forgot Windows 7 password, but you don't need to worry about that from now on. This program can help you reset Windows 7 password in minutes. BTW, you can also reset passwords in Windows 8, Vista, XP, etc.