It's an annoying problem if you forget your Windows 7 password. You can reinstall the Windows operating system to unlock the computer, but the process will damage the data in the hard dirve. If you have important data in the hard drive, it might be a disaster for you. In this condition, you need to reset the forgotten password.
You can use Windows Password Buster to reset Windows 7 password. This program can help you create password reset disk with CD or USB flash drive. With the disk you can reset any Windows password.
Download and install the program on any accessible computer. Run the program and create a password reset disk.
1. Insert a blank CD or USB flash drive into the computer and select your option.
2. Click "Next" to start the burning. The process may last a few seconds.
3. When the burning task completes, shut down the program and remove the CD or USB flash drive.
Before you can reset the Windows 7 password, you need to boot the locked computer with the password reset disk.
You can see this tutorial: How to Boot Computer from CD or USB Flash Drive?
You'll see the password reset screen after the computer boots with the disk. Then you can start to reset password.
1. Select the target user account, and then click "Change password".
2. Select the option to remove or change the password, and then click "OK".
Click "Reboot" to reboot the computer, and then log on with the new password you just created.
Please remember to remove the password reset disk when computer restarts.
It is terrible when forgetting Windows 7 password, but you don't need to worry about that from now on. This program can help you reset Windows 7 password within 5 minutes. BTW, you can also reset passwords in Windows 8, Vista, XP, etc.