It's an annoying problem if you forget your Windows 7 password. You can reinstall the Windows operating system to unlock the computer, but the process will damage the data in the hard dirve. If you have important data in the hard drive, it might be a disaster for you. In this condition, you need to reset the Windows 7 password.
You can use Windows Password Buster to reset the Windows 7 password. This program enables you to create password reset disk with CD or USB flash drive. You can reset any Windows password in 4 steps.
Install Windows Password Buster on an available computer. Run the program and create a password reset disk.
1. Insert a blank CD or USB flash drive into the computer and select your option.
2. Click "Next" to start the burning. The process may last a few seconds.
3. When the burning task completes, shut down the program and remove the CD or USB flash drive.
Before you can reset the Windows 7 password, you need to boot the locked computer with the password reset disk.
You can follow this tutorial: How to Boot Computer from CD or USB Flash Drive?
You'll see the password reset screen after the computer boots with the disk. Then you can start to reset password.
1. Select the target user account, and then click "Change password".
2. Select the option to remove or change the password, and then click "OK".
Click "Reboot" to reboot the computer, and then log on with the new password you just created.
Please remember to remove the password reset disk when computer restarts.
Forgetting Windows 7 password is a common problem. You can try this method if you forget your Windows 7 password.