It's an annoying problem if you forget a Windows 7 password. You could regain access to your computer by reinstalling the Windows system, but the process will spend a lot of time. If you have an urgent job and need to use the computer, it might be a disaster for you. In this condition, you'll need to quickly reset the Windows 7 password. Therefore, you can unlock your computer in a few minutes.
To reset the forgotten password, you need a Windows password reset program, a computer with CD burner and a blank CD disk. If you don't have a CD burner then you'll need a USB drive instead. Windows Password Buster is a professional and easy-to-use Windows password recovery tool. This software enables you to reset forgotten Windows 7 password by creating a password reset disk, just 4 easy steps:
Install Windows Password Buster on an available computer. Run the program and create a password reset disk.
1. Insert a blank CD/DVD disk or USB flash drive into the computer and select your option.
2. Click "Next" to start the burning. The burning may take a few seconds.
Now you have created a password reset disk. You can use this disk to reset the forgotten Windows 7 password.
Insert the CD or USB flash drive into the locked computer. Power on the computer and immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS Setup Utility. (The key to get into BIOS depends on the manufacturer of the computer. F2 and Delete is the common key able to enter BIOS.)
1. On the "Advanced" or "Boot" Tab, change the boot priority. Make sure the CD-ROM or USB is the frist priority.
2. Press F10 to save settings. Your computer will restart from the bootable password reset disk automatically.
For more information, please see: BIOS Settings for CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive
Windows Password Buster will initialize after the computer restarts. Then you can reset the forgotten password.
1. Select the target user account, and then click "Change password".
2. Select the option to remove or change the password, then click "OK".
If you do not want to remove or reset the password, you can create a new admin account by click the "Create a new account" button. You can also log on your computer via an admin account when you forget password on Windows 7.
Click "Reboot" to reboot the computer. Then you could logon your computer with the new password or new account.
Passwords have become an inventible part of our daily life. Forgetting password is a common problem. Fortunately, there is no need to worry when you forgot the computer password. With Windows Password Buster, you could easily unlock the computer in minutes.