Question: I have a Toshiba laptop. I forgot Windows 7 administrator password and currently using in guest login. I cannot recall old password from my hint. How to change it without formatting hard drive?
Answer: If you forgot administrator password on Windows 7 OS, the best thing for you is creating a password reset disk to reset the forgotten password so that you don't lose your valuable data. Actually, when you add a password to computer, the first thing you should do is creating a reset disk in case of forgetting your password. But how to create a reset disk after you forget the password? Here we introduce 2 ways.
Windows Password Buster is secure and easy-to-use Windows password recovery tool. This software can help you create Windows password reset disk with cd or usb flash drive. When you forgot Windows 7 administrator password, you can use the reset disk to reset the forgotten password in a few clicks.
You can create the password reset disk on any computer, no matter whether the operating system is Windows 7 or not. You can follow the steps below to create a password reset disk.
1. Download and install Windows Password Buster, and then run the program.
2. Insert a blank cd or usb flash drive, click "Next" button.
3. Follow the instructions to create the password reset disk.
If you forgot Windows 7 password, insert the password reset disk into the locked computer, boot computer from the disk, the program will initialize automatically, and then you can reset the forgotten administrator password.
Ophcrack is an open source Windows password cracker that uses rainbow tables to find Windows passwords. It can crack most Windows 7 administrator passwords within a few minutes. Ophcrack's critical shortcoming is that its iso image file is too large. You have to spend much time on downloading and burning.
The following tutorial explains how to use Ophcrack to crack Windows 7 password.
1. Visit the Ophcrack website and download the Ophcrack LiveCD for Windows 7.
2. Burn the LiveCD iso image file to blank cd. You will need a third-party burning program to burn the iso image file.
3. Once you have burned the ISO to a CD you will need to boot your locked computer from the cd. Now follow the directions on screen. After it gets to the menu press the "Crack" button and it will do its magic. In about 10 minutes it will tell you what the password is.
Forgot Windows 7 administrator password? Locked out of computer? Find an accessible computer and prepare a blank cd or usb flash drive, and then follow the guide above to make a disk to reset or crack the forgotten password.